Tuesday, August 22, 2006

If the plumber struggled...

I am glad we hired a plumber today, that's all I can say. Our previous owners used liquid nails to put in the kitchen sink and lot's of creative pipes and valves just to make our lives miserable. Luckily, our plumber persevered and
after 2 and a 1/2 hours of carefully prying and using a blow torch to melt the glue...we got the sink out with out cracking or breaking the counter top. All was going good and then we opened the box of the new sink, ahhhhh. It was cracked and chipped. Back to Home Depot for the 2nd time. Of course they didn't have that same one so we found a different one at Home Depot #3. The Plumber (his name is Brian, by now we are definately on a first name basis) and Ted eagerly drop in the new sink and ....you guessed it, it doesn't fit. The plumber said to Ted "How good are you with a saw?" Ted said "fine if I had a saw" The plumber said "I have a saw out in my truck, but I am a plumber not a carpenter" Soooo Ted had to make 2 different cuts in the counter to get the new sink to fit in. We had measured just right, sinks are pretty standard, it's just our previous home owners had kinda jerry-rigged the other one in. Now things are going along pretty smooth, disposal is all in , new pipes and valves are in and then we take out the new faucet. Our first clue that there might be trouble on the horizan was when the plumber said "oh, I have never heard of that brand before and realized we picked the most beautiful one made in CHINA! Defective...so after another couple of hours of getting it all in and not getting water out of the faucet it's back to Home Depot #4. A very much longer story short.....it has to get finished tomorrow. Oh, so I am just practicing with random pictures everyday so I don't forget how to do this! Casey in a tree back in February at the family time with Grandma Bonnie at the Mesa, Temple.

1 comment:

grammatracy said...

For sure I will show pictures. It's really been comical. Glad the plumber was in good spirits too. Funny Day