Thursday, September 07, 2006
A really fun Young Women's
Last night we had a very fun YW night. It was a re-challenge of sorts....let me explain. Last year around January the Relief Society challenged the YW and their leaders to a scripture mastery competition. It was to memorize the scriptures that the seminary kids have to. I will just say that the YW beat the sock's off the Relief Society and so they had to cook us dinner. (A little bragging moment here, Tiana and a RS sister were the only two who memorized all the scriptures) I guess beating them once wasn't good enough, they are back for more. So, we organized a "kick-off". We had a couple of teachers speak, who gave lot's of fun idea's of how to memorize and why it might be important to know these particular scriptures etc. One of the gals taught seminary for many years and was hilarious. We laughed all night. We had these great competitions and everyone came away very fired up for this years challenge. It couldn't have turned out better. I am extra excited that it is D & C this year. Wouldn't you know it, that is the one year I paid close attention in Seminary and was on the scripture chase team. As luck would have it though, they have changed about half of the scriptures....but guess what that means? I already know half!......This year will be CAKE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You can remember D&C from 30 years ago but you can't remember our Anniversary? What with that?
Ted, You are on drugs!!! I have never, nor will I ever forget my anniversary. You just make stuff up......NOT FUNNY!
Oh you two! Stop it! Good luck mamma with your memorizing!
Thanks Tiffy for your support!
Post a Comment