Saturday, September 02, 2006

Good friends

Today Ted and I got to go see the daughter of our good friends from Washington. Mary is on the volleyball team at Western Washington State College. The team was in town to play in a tournament at Grand Canyon University that is on our side of town. It was fun to be around the college atmosphere again. We had such a fun time and had a great visit with her after. Mary's Mom, Turie was one of my closest friends and lived 3 houses down from us. We raised our kids together, side by side for 11 years. I will never forget the time Tiff came home (Mary and Tiff are the same age)crying from the Martineau's saying she hated Turie. She was the meanest Mom ever! I guess Tiff and Mary got into their usual trouble and got sent to Mary's room for some time out. I guess sending them up there together was a problem, because when Turie went to check on them they were playing out on the roof of a 2 story house! They both got spankings and Tiff got sent home. That's the kind of good friend Turie is....she was the other "meanest Mom ever" and I love her.

No comments: