Ted and I had a wonderful day today exploring downtown Atlanta. First we went to Centennial Olympic Park. It was the sight of the 1996 summer olympics. It is a beautiful park with many fountains, waterfalls, statues and trees. I will post pictures later when Ted get's back with the camera. The next place we wanted to go to was the Coke headquarters, which we heard was fun. It was under construction. Instead we went across the street to the CNN plaza and went on the tour. That was fun and very interesting. The part I liked the best was watching all the different screens while listening to the director yell at everyone and when a specialist was being interviewed at Wall Street, he kept saying, that's not on the script...why do we have a script if she isn't following it? She just keeps ad-libbing and she isn't saying anything interesting. Get her off the air...this is terrible. Then after we came back to our hotel room, we turned on the news and there she was on the screen. Ted loved the "green" screen that the weathermen use and everything behind that technology. We are starying in the beautiful Marriott Marquis. It is unbelievable as far as the structure itself. It has 47 floors that all look out over the worlds largest open air atrium. It's amazing, really. I'll post pics of that too!
Anyway, we are having a blast and enjoying this time with each other.
Monday, September 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment