Since my January post on Hawaii...the reason I haven't posted is because Ted and I have been having all sorts of fun. The kind you get to have when all your kids leave home. Well by February we needed a little get-a-way of the Vegas type. So we had an amazing stay at "The Hotel". It was a nice big suite with a giant bathtub and a TV in the bathroom. I was in heaven. We did all sorts of fun things and had a blast. Now to make the trip even more interesting, Ted needed to work a 5 day camp in Mesquite and so we drove up north and we met up with Tiana, who coincidentally wanted to come home that week-end and I jumped in the car with Tiana and turned around and drove all the way home with my cutie-patootie, fun daughter. She had a few days home with all her friends and on Sunday morning we headed back up to Vegas. Tiana dropped me off to meet Ted at "The Hotel" (I refused to go back home right then) and Tiana finished her drive up to St. George. We had a lovely breakfast the next morning and hopped in the car and drove home again.
San Diego was the next destination, for Danny's son Connor's baptism. We had such a great time. Tiff and Derrick and the kids went over too. We stayed at a beautiful resort called the Lawrence Welk near Fallbrook and Bonnie, Janice and Grace stayed there as well. We had a blast! Lot's of family...Dana and her kids came down and that was so fun because we haven't seen her in forever. We giggled a ton! Devin and Missy and their girls came over and it was way fun to see them as well. We had some late night Connasta games with whoever would play and the largest group one night was 9 !
Ted left a few days later for Japan and the WBC (World Baseball Classic). Not one to be left behind, I decided to take my good friend Shelley with me up to St. George (you'd think I would get tired of this trip) for Mother's week-end. So, Tiana got two Mom's with her. We took her roommates out to dinner and enjoyed their energy. Then the next morning, we trooped over at 9:00am for a breakfast and speaker and classes. We skipped the last few, to make sure we got some shopping time in with Tiana. :)
Ted was home about 10 days and then off we went to Portland, Or to see Trev, Summer, Madi and baby Chase. I must say, I took the long route (Ted and I were on separate flights) and I spent the day in the San Fran airport. Finally making it there around 10:00pm. It was worth the wait. Little Chase is beautiful and I was thrilled to finally meet him. When I came out of the airport, Madi had just gotten out of the car and with arms spread open, came running to me. I couldn't get enough of her. We got to be good pals. Ted's trip was short lived. It was actually a layover, on his way to Korea and China for a 3 week long trip (which is where he is right now). In Portland, we saw Russ and Karen and Bryce and Tyler and Toby. Kids (and some adults) rode a carasel (sp?) and we had yummy ice-cream and then Pizza for dinner. I like those Church's...you get to have dessert first. Trev took Madi and I swimming only i didn't get the memo to bring a suit, I came as the official photographer. You'd think I would have ended up with some pictures....not my camera. We went to see Monsters vs. Aliens and shopped a little, ate out a few times and for all you oldies in the crowd I took them to Spaghetti Factory...ahhh Mizithra Cheese.
Now i am home getting caught up on a few RS things. Watched Conference in my jammies and ate cinammon rolls all by myself. I am sure I need to re-watch because I know I missed a few parts ZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
Next trip is April 15th to head back to Portland to be at Shauna Church's wedding and see our baby Chase blessed.
I am so thankful we have been able to go and visit. Nothing funner than being with your family. Pretty fun being picked up at the airport in Phoenix and have Casey and Sophie come running up with their arms out, waiting for hugs. I can't get enough of these grandkids!!!
Sunday, April 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you guys really do have EXCELLENT adventures!! Glad you enjoy being grandparents so much....You are the best!
Sounds like you guys have been a little busy! You are always having so much fun!
Post a Comment