Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Cute Andrea

I wish I had a cute picture of her to put right here on my blog. I don't so I will just tell you what a great girl she is. Andrea currently is the President of the IWC (International Womens Club) at Thunderbird. They had a barb-b-q last night and a get to know you night. It was America's night to shine. (Both North and South) It was really great to go and see her in action. They had several girls talk about their different countries and we (my RS Sec. who's husband goes to midwestern, and Tiana) sat next to a cute couple and the wife was from Colombia and husband from Chicago. We got to hear they're love story. So cute. Talked to one of the girls from Brazil and mentioned my son spent a few years there on a mission and that got me in instantly with her. Her husband was from Conneticut. They met in Rio. It's funny, cuz I am so used to the students in our ward and many of them have a foreign spouse, I was constantly jumping to the wrong conclusion last night. I would see American husband and foreign wife and assume LDS missionary who went back to that country. Funny! I got to meet and talk with a gal from Russia who is in our ward too. Really nice people all the way around. Great night and fun to have Andrea in charge.

3 comments:

danheid said...

That was way fun to have you there, Aunt Tracy! Andrea has made some really great friends through her work and learned a ton about working with people from all over the world. Wait a minute, isn't that what I was supposed to be learning! :)

danheid said...

Tracy-

Andrea writing here. Thanks so much for coming! You're too cute. It was really fun to have you there.

Andrea

Anonymous said...

Every time I get an idea for an activity I think "If only Andrea and Danny were here, they would make it fun!" I am glad that she is spreading her talents and attitude around. Pretty infectious, isn't she? And what is really amazing is that she is going to finish her degree my May!! How she gets the time to do everything is astounding--BYU scholarship, golf lessons, zoo, partying with the IWC, spending quality time with T's, ...

Just kidding, Andrea. No pressure to finish the degree. Take until June if you need it.

Thanks, Trace, for loving our kids. Any feet updates?