Sunday, May 24, 2009

Oops...I am out of order here :) Gettysburg

This is the beautifully strategic spot where the Northern Armies sat up on the ridge and had sharpshooters pick off the Confederate soldiers one by one. They had rifles that could shoot twice as far as the Confed. and so even though they were out numbered, they won the battle. this was the big turning point for the Civil war. This was called Little Round Top. Statue of Col. Stong Vincent atop the ridge where his sharpshooters were.




Part of the scenic drive through Gettysburg



One of the many statues throughout the National Park





2 comments:

Erin Wittwer said...

I love your pictures! Whenever you go to NYC you better let me know so that I can meet you there!

danheid said...

Those pictures weren't nearly as good without Tiana in them! :)

What a fun trip....and to go with a personal travel guide sounds great too!