Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Long Time

I don't post because I don't have cute pictures to post. I will soon though, because our house will be done and I will take some fun Photos and post them. In the meantime, here is a random pic, if I even did it right.
It's been since Oct. since I jumped on here to post, so I'll do a quick catch up. We made it through all the tournaments in October and it was a great success. My days are strange, because I don't have a ton of things on the calendar, but because of RS, every day is a different emergency of some type. When the phone rings, I just hold my breath. Makes for an interesting challenge. I belong to a book club and our last book was the "Alchemist". Truly and amazing book. Very fun to think about. I would highly recomend it. The next book I have already read, but it is so good, it's called "Leadership and Self-Deception". Teaches ways to think outside the box and find solutions that are not ordinary. I enjoy the club because it brings together women who are different ages, races, personalities etc. and we get to share our views and opinions.
I loved our Thanksgiving (sorry I am skipping around a lot). We tried to think of a way that Tiana would be able to enjoy the holiday with just Ted and I. We had just gotten the Wii (thanks Trev! He found the Christmas present early) so we had a Wii contest. We did bowling and the Olympics (in China no less) and we giggled and laughed so hard I don't even know who won in the end. We had a wonderful dinner with stimulating conversation. Everyone helped in the kitchen and it was just very nice. Kind of same group on Christmas Eve, so we jumped in the car and headed to Panda Express and haad yummy Orange Chicken and went to the Movies to see "National Treasure 2" If you haven't seen that one, get to it! It really was so fun and peaceful. I was glad to know that when everyone is gone at the "in-laws", that we can make our own kind of fun. Right Tiana?
Ted went off to Hong Kong right after Christmas and then we started working on all the projects around the house. That has pretty much taken up our time and we are definately enjoying spending some time together. Ted has been so great in letting me pick out all the paint, plants, carpet, tile, really everything. He is a patient Man! We loved seeing our Madi baby over the holidays and Trev and Summer. It was very fun spending time with them. We got Tiff and Derr and kids back on the 26th and had a few days of fun all together. The only ones missing were Ty and Ash. In a couple years they won't be so far away and we can see them too.
I will spare you the details of a few nights of stomach flu and sinus infections, but there was definately some major laying on the couch after Christmas. I am looking forward to going to Cabo San Lucas this spring. I'll try to be better Trev. Thanks for the reminder.

No comments: