Monday, August 27, 2007

New Students

Hello everyone...thought I'd catch you up to date a little. Last night we hosted a party for all the new students (I believe there are between 15 and 20 new couples) We ended up with 9 couples here and then 9 more bodies (leadership) and 6 babies that Tiana watched ....all boys. Anyway, we have quite a few more going to Midwestern and then of course the Thunderbird students and a few couples that just happened to move in at the same time as everyone else. It was fun to watch everyone chat up a storm and hear each other's stories. We had a blast and most stayed 3 hours. We are so excited to have all of them here. They each bring such a nice spirit into our ward.
On a different note, I am heading off to another funeral. This was a situation, where he had been ill a long time and the family is happy he is out of pain. He had his funeral all planned and asked his wife to have "Polka" music playing during the luncheon. He just wanted everyone to be happy. That's how I want to go...minus the Polka music. They said he "graduated". What a refreshing approach to death.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun for you. You are the perfect RS pres for that group.

What do you have against some good polka music? I could get into that.

You have a beautiful grand daughter. What a little princess she is.

Tyler said...

Its so weird to me that the Thunderbirds are younger than me now. I'm getting old.

grammatracy said...

But young at heart Ty....we do have one t-bird student that is around 36 or 37. That ought to make you feel good. He has a 14 year old in high school!

Delynn said...

I need to check on you more often - your last post was Aug. 27th and I didn't even know! You are so cute to provide those students with a home away from home. They will love you for inviting them in...