Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Hug your kids today

I had an amazing, spiritual, stressfull, exhausting, wonderful experience this past week. A young girl in our ward lost her baby to SIDS and it was my first funeral. I met with the family at the hospital, in the room reserved for when you lose a loved one (a first). Helped with arrangements. Went to a viewing of a 6 week old. Then the funeral today. I didn't know the family well, yet with the Lord's help was able to have some special moments with this sweet family. I don't know who shed more tears during these last 6 days...them or me. I just kept wondering how I would handle that particular trial. There were many beautiful things surrounding this experience and many tough ones. I am so very thankful for my knowledge of the gospel and the Plan of Salvation. I am thankful for the testimony that I have of my Savior, and all he did for me. Life is so fragile. Hug your kids, love your family, and be happy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless you, President. That is not easy.

Delynn said...

I can't imagine a more synpathetic ear, than yours. What a servant of mercy and love you get to be. Love you - Delynn

Tyler said...

Mom, it was so good to see an amazing Relief Society president in action while I was there. You are the best!