Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Tracy, Tiffi, and Tiana's excellent adventure

I have to do one part of the adventure at a time because we did so much in 5 days.
We arrived in Philly on thursday night Feb. 15th. Ty met us at the airport and got us safely back to his darling new condo (well, new to them). There was a huge snow storm the few days before and we were uncertain as to whether this trip would even happen. Luck was with us though and we sailed in with no problems. Ty and Ash both had school on friday, so the girls and I decided to be brave and bold and take the train from Norristown to Philly, change trains, Philly to Trenton N.J., change trains and Trenton to Manhatton. We only had a few little bumps in the road (the drive to Norristown took much longer, due to construction and we had to find a different train station than the one Ty told us to go to) but it was a fun and relaxing way to get to the city. We arrived at Penn Station and literally walked across the street to check into our hotel. I have to say a little about the temperature. Tyler kept telling me how cold it was and that I would never believe it. He was right. It never got above the 20's and that was not counting the wind chill factor. There was snow everywhere we went the whole trip. I have never felt so cold so fast in my life. Anyway, we checked into our marvelous hotel (thanks hubby for looking out for your family) and then ventured out into the city. We walked about 10 city blocks and had to duck into a donut shop to have some hot chocolate and warm up. Ty and Ash drove in and met us right near the Gershwin Theatre to go to dinner and see "WICKED". It was amazing to say the least and we loved every second of it. My pics didn't turn out so good, so hopefully Tiff will post hers, of the theatre. The next morning we did the Empire State building and Rockerfeller Center.

2 comments:

grammatracy said...

This was supposed to have some Empire State Building pictures, but it won't let me put them on. I'll keep trying.

Tyler said...

Sorry it was so cold. Today was in the fifties and the snow was melting all day long. Bad timing, I guess.