Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

It's been great having Tiana home, we went to dinner and Twilight, Black Friday crazy shopping (with 1st timer Tiffini) and church to watch Casey and Sophi while Tiff and Derr speak. We missed Ted a lot, but he probably didn't miss our shinanigans ?!?

This day could only have been better, if all the family was together. As it was, it was very fun and I am very thankful to have a daughter who was excited to cook the whole Thanksgiving dinner all by herself!! I asked if I could pick up some Costco rolls...her response..."oh, I am making those from scratch" Shall I run to Marie Calendars and get some pie's?..."oh no, I am making those from scratch." It was so great because Tiff wanted to cook the whole thing top to bottom. She did the turkey, mash potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes (to die for and I don't care for sweet potatoes) Fresh steamed green beans, homemade rolls and of course a chocolate and coconut cream pie and a pecan pie. Not to mention real whipping cream. Can you tell I am impressed? I am. I have found shortcuts and things to do to make Turkey day more doable for me, but Holy Cow...no shortcuts here. We even ate on the beautiful China and had deviled eggs for appitizers.

4 comments:

grammatracy said...

ok all you blog guru's, I just wanted to do a spell check and I got the rest of my paragraph highlighted. I tried everything to get rid of it :[

Trevor and Summer said...

sounds like fun, except for the shopping part.

grammatracy said...

The shopping part is hilarious. We don't go stand in line anywhere or run all over the place. We start an hour or 2 after everyone else and it works out great. We got some good deals, but mostly is was just good, clean people watching fun :) "bonding time with my daughters"

The Robinsons said...

Thanks for all the fun!!