Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Heid vs. Monsoon






Monsoon Wins!!


1-Ted stalled in his Kia 2 blocks from our house and did $1,000.00 worth of damage to the engine. Not to mention the swamp smell that came on the inside of the car when he opened his door to push the car home. The water came pouring in!


2-Last thursday night we were looking out the back by the swimming pool wondering if the new landscaped trees were going to make it through the storm, when we heard some loud bangs on the front of our house. Ted and I walked out front and as we walked out the door a huge sheet of plywood (with shingles attached) came flying off our roof. We stood in amazement that we weren't just hurt very badly and then another sheet came down. Holy Cow...we didn't have a roof over the boy's bedroom, which is on top of the Living Room. The rain was coming down really hard so we rushed upstairs to the bedroom to see what damage. the curtains and floor were already wet, with water pouring in the windows. We moved everything out of that room as quick as we could and saved everything but the carpet. Then a light bulb went on and we hurried down to check the Living room and same thing going on. We moved everything! Then instead of a bucket brigade, we did a towel brigade trying to stop the flow around the windows. It rained steady for 5 hours and we worked until 2 in the morning. I had to keep washing and drying towels just to keep up with it all. I will let the pictures tell the rest of the story.

3 comments:

Tyler said...

Unbelievable. I had a hard time recognizing what rooms those pictures were taken in. I can't believe that happened. Sounds like the great Castles and Coasters storm with Dougie has officially been beaten.

The Crouse House said...

You didn't mention the damage to your car too!?!?! oh my goodness!

Anonymous said...

HI Trace, Delynn here - when was this? We didn't even hear about the storm. I'm so hoping that your insurance will cover this. That had to be one scary night; we're so sorry.